Peoria County Chairman Andrew Rand, City of Peoria Mayor Jim Ardis, and Peoria City/County Health Department Administrator Monica Hendrickson would like to remind local restaurants and bars about the current COVID-19 safety guidelines ahead of upcoming St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
On January 25, 2021, Region 2, including Peoria County, moved into Phase IV of the Restore Illinois Plan. Under Phase IV guidelines, restaurants and bars must comply with the following:
- Patrons should wear face coverings over their nose and mouth, except while eating and drinking.
- Indoor and outdoor seating areas should be configured to provide a minimum of six feet between tables and other designated patron areas.
- The maximum occupancy for standing areas is 25% of capacity.
- Establishments should limit the occupancy of their common areas to ensure safe social distancing.
- Parties are limited to a maximum of ten people.
- Reservations and call-ahead models are encouraged.
- Patrons should wait for services off-premises. If lines are formed, please provide signage and markings to encourage 6 ft between groups of people.
- Establishments should follow all applicable sanitation protocols for dishware, cups, and utensils, or use disposable single-serve items.
- Single-use menus are encouraged, and reusable menus should be disinfected after each use.
- Table presets (e.g. salt and pepper, condiments, straws, etc.) should be removed.
- Tables and chairs should be disinfected between parties and at closing time.
- Common areas (e.g. restrooms, entryways) and surfaces (e.g. doorknobs, stair railings) should be frequently disinfected, including hourly for the highest traffic areas.
- Employees should be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and should not report to work if they are sick or symptomatic.
- Establishments should provide personal protective equipment (PPE) and face coverings for employees.
- Restaurants and bars planning to host St. Patrick’s Day events, please email email@example.com with plans and capacity determinations.
Peoria County, City of Peoria, and Peoria City/County Health Department encourage all establishments to adhere to these rules to ensure the health and safety of all employees and patrons involved in St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
COVID-19 guidelines can be found on the IDPH website https://www.dph.illinois.gov/.