Peoria Region COVID-19 Testing Collection Sites
Heartland Health Services Announces Three COVID-19 Testing Sites in Peoria
On April 17, 2020, Heartland Health Services of Illinois announced that they will be providing COVID-19 testing at three (3) Heartland Health Center locations throughout Peoria. Testing collection sites are now open in the Peoria Region with drive-up access and social distancing measures in place. Walk-ups are available for those without vehicle transportation.
Please see the included graphic or scroll down below for testing site locations and hours of operation.
Questions about the Peoria Region COVID-19 testing collection sites? Call the Heartland Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at (309) 495-8659.
Updated Hours of Operation and NEW Testing Site Location
May 8, 2020 updates: Heartland Health Services will be opening a new COVID-19 test collection site in Pekin on Wednesday, May 13. Additionally, the John H. Gwynn Jr./Faucet Field location in Peoria will be open on Tuesdays only, starting May 8. Please see below for updated hours of operation and testing location sites.
The Peoria Region COVID-19 testing collection sites now allow testing of all individuals ages 18 and older. Some exceptions may be made for testing individuals aged 16-17, but this is done on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of Heartland Health Services staff.
Testing is encouraged for those with symptoms consistent of COVID-19, including: fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath.*
Testing sites will continue to follow social distancing guidelines for individuals visiting the collection sites. Insurance cards are accepted, but there will be no cost to any individual being tested.
*For more information about COVID-19 symptoms, click here to view the CDC’s most updated list of coronavirus symptoms and Symptom Self-Checker tool.
Testing Site Locations and Hours of Operation:
- Heartland Health Services (Wisconsin Ave) - 2321 N Wisconsin Ave., Peoria IL 61603
- Monday through Friday-- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Peoria City/County Health Department - 2116 N Sheridan Rd., Peoria IL 61604
- Saturday and Sunday-- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Peoria Park District’s John H. Gwynn Jr. Park/Faucet Field - near 809 W. John H Gwynn Jr. Ave., Peoria IL 61605
- Tuesdays* -- 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
- *Effective May 8, 2020 - this location will be open on Tuesdays only
- Tazwood Center for Wellness (Pekin) - 3248 Van De Ver Ave., Pekin, IL 61554
- Mondays and Wednesdays -- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Peoria Civic Center/Fulton Street (IEMA Testing Site) - Located at the Peoria Civic Center’s Fulton Street Parking Lot
- Open 7 days per week -- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (while daily supplies last)
- All individuals with symptoms are encouraged to seek testing at this location.
- Additional accommodations and testing have been made available for the following individuals with or without COVID-19 symptoms:
- Healthcare workers
- First responders
- Employees of correctional facilities
- Individuals exposed to confirmed COVID-19 patients
- Employees that support critical infrastructure including: grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, gas stations, public utilities, factories, childcare, and sanitation services
- All local and state government employees
- Individuals with compromised immune systems or chronic medical conditions
- Additional Illinois COVID-19 testing locations - from the Illinois Department of Public Health