This page contains previously-released information and news updates relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford Counties. For the most updated daily information on cases and statistics in the Tri-County area, please visit our main COVID-19 Page.
- June 25, 2020 - On Friday, June 26, Illinois moves into Phase Four of Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan. RestoreHOI.com has been updated with the latest guidance from local and state public health officials for Phase 4. Businesses and organizations are encouraged to self-certify at RestoreHOI.com as COVID-19 compliant to allow members of the public to support businesses that are taking steps to provide a safe and healthy environment for their customers. Phase 4 allows restaurants to offer indoor dining and expands gathering limits from 10 people to groups of 50 people or less. This phase allows many businesses, venues, and meeting spaces to reopen with limited capacity until a vaccine or treatment plan for COVID-19 are widely available.
- May 28, 2020 - On May 28, 2020, local health and government officials launched www.restorehoi.com as part of a regional effort to provide Central Illinois businesses and residents with guidance for each phase of Governor JB Pritzker’s Restore Illinois Reopening Plan. This website allows business owners who are reopening under the Restore Illinois plan to voluntarily self-certify as COVID-19 compliant based on guidelines set by public health officials. These established guidelines will in turn help local businesses protect their customers’ and employees’ health and safety.
- May 22, 2020 - Draft Guidance for Temporary Outdoor Restaurant and Bar Space
- With the Governor’s recent announcement that bars and restaurants will be able to have temporary outdoor accommodations in the next phase of reopening, Peoria County and the City of Peoria have provided draft documents for guidance. Final documents will be posted the week of May 25, but these draft documents will provide guidance on temporary outdoor expansion.
- City of Peoria Documents (for establishments in the City of Peoria)
- County of Peoria Documents (for establishments in unincorporated Peoria County)
- May 5, 2020 - Governor Pritzker Announces ’Restore Illinois: A Public Health Approach to Safely Reopen Our State’
- Illinois Governor JB Pritzker has officially published and launched ’Restore Illinois: A Public Health Approach to Safely Reopen Our State.’ This plan includes five (5) phases of reopening, all guided by health metrics and with distinct business, education, and recreational activities characterizing each proposed phase. A PDF document with complete details from the Governor’s Office can be found here. (Please note: this is a large document and may take a while to load, especially from a mobile device).
- May 5, 2020 - Central Illinois Physicians Encouraging Plasma Donation From Those Recovered From COVID-19
- The University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria (UICOMP), OSF Healthcare, and UnityPoint Health have released information regarding plasma donation from recovered COVID-19 patients. These plasma donations from those recovered could potentially help treat patients who are currently fighting the virus, particularly those who are very sick or in hospital intensive care units.
- A complete press release sent from the University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria (UICOMP) can be found here.
- A flyer with additional information can be found here.
- April 18, 2020 - Peoria County Unveils New Geographic Information System (GIS) Map for Tri-County COVID-19 Cases
- In addition to daily COVID-19 counts for the tri-county area, new Geographic Information System (GIS) maps for Peoria County now display a dashboard for a visual explanation of local community spread. Rooted in the science of geography, GIS integrates data with location to provide maps and data in a visual way. You can view the COVID-19 GIS map here on the Peoria City/County Health Department’s main COVID-19 page.
- April 4, 2020 - First COVID-19 Death in Peoria County
- The Peoria City/County Health Department and the Peoria County Coroner are reporting the death of a Peoria County resident who tested positive for COVID-19. This event marks the first fatality in Peoria County due to COVID-19. A full press release from the Peoria City/County Health Department can be found here.
- The Peoria City/County Health Department and the Peoria County Coroner will be hosting a special joint press briefing on Sunday, April 5 at 2:00 p.m. The briefing will be live-streamed on the Peoria Health Department’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/peoriahealthdepartment.
- March 24, 2020 - Homemade Mask Donations
- The Peoria County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is directing all inquiries regarding homemade/hand-sewn masks to Heart of Illinois 2-1-1. If you or your group would like to donate, please call 2-1-1 or (309) 999-4029. We ask that you please do not make arrangements to drop off mask donations without contacting HOI 2-1-1 first, as their space and resources are limited and we do not want to overwhelm their employees. Thank you for your understanding.
- March 18, 2020 - Understanding COVID-19 Investigations
- The Peoria City/County Health Department has released information to help the public understand COVID-19 Investigations. As this COVID-19 virus spreads, our community should not be focused on whether they have been exposed, but act as though they have been exposed and take measures to decrease the transmission. A press release from the Peoria City/Health Department regarding COVID-19 investigations can be found here.