Limited Hlth Dept Services 3-20-20 (COVID-19)
Due to COVID-19 Emergency Response Peoria City/County Health Department is closed to the public. Limited services are available.
Temporary guidelines to access limited services
- All routine exams and follow-up appointments are cancelled immediately.
- For emergency dental services only, call for directions 309-679-6141.
WIC – Women, Infants and Children:
- All appointments are cancelled immediately. Required education and certification will be completed by telephone
- Food vouchers will be issued and delivered by certified mail. You will need to be home to sign for the food vouchers.
- To sign up as a new WIC client, call 309-679-6076 to complete your application.
- For changes to your food package or formula by your doctor, call 309-679-6076 for directions.
- Your Breastfeeding Peer Counselor will be available by the telephone number provided to you.
- Immunizations closed. Call your medical provider for guidance.
- STD Clinic current treatment patients by appointment only. Call 309-6796655.
- STD testing closed. Call your medical provider for guidance.
- Other limited services will be arranged by clinic staff. Clients will be called by telephone.
- Heartland Health Services at Sheridan closed. Appointments are being provided at Heartland East Bluff.
Vital Records – birth and death certificates:
- No walk-ins for copies of birth or death certificates. Peoria County Clerk at the Peoria County Courthouse issues certificates or order online at www.pcchd.org.
- Funeral Directors, not having the ability to print certificates, can notify Vital Records and pick up certificates during a specified time period each day.
- Funeral Directors call 309-679-6032.
- Vital Records will continue the registration of records for the government.
Lead Hazard Control Program:
- All applications, variances, and all other documents will be accepted by email, fax, or mail. Email: EH@peoriacounty.org Fax: 309-679-6174
- See additional guidance for specific Environmental Health Programs.
Community meetings and Events:
- The building will be open on 3-17-20 as a polling place for the elections.
- Residents can follow signs to enter the building near the exit drive.
- COVID-19 community response meetings will continue as scheduled or as notified.
- Daily COVID-19 Press Briefings will continue as scheduled or as notified.