PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAMS GUIDANCE
Peoria City/County Health Department Programs Guidance
The Peoria City/County Health Department may have limited services or special guidance in some program areas. Please call the program areas for guidance.
Public Health Resources and Guidance for Businesses and Public Spaces
- 5/22/20 - With the Governor’s recent announcement that bars and restaurants will be able to have temporary outdoor accommodations in the next phase of reopening, Peoria County and the City of Peoria have provided draft documents for guidance. Final documents will be posted the week of May 25, but these draft documents will provide guidance on temporary outdoor expansion.
- 4/29/20 - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have published new reopening guidance for cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, workplaces, businesses, schools and homes.
- Reopening Guidance Information from the CDC (PDF flyer)
- Reopening Infographic with Step-by-Step Information from the CDC (PDF flyer)
- Recommendations for a Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) for businesses (PDF flyer)
- Additional information can be found here on the CDC’s website
Resources and FAQs
- The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council (GPEDC) has been asked to coordinate the flow of information between local public health officials and the business community regarding COVID-19. The website can be found here.
- Coronavirus Disease Guidance for Restaurants
- Social Distancing Guidance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Website Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have created an Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission. This document (PDF) is useful for individuals and groups who may need assistance on creating a situational response or preparations for COVID-19 in their communities.
- CDC Webpage for Travelers
- Illinois Department of Public Health - COVID-19 resources, publications, guidance for healthcare providers, schools, caregivers
- Pekin Liquor Sales
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Question Hotline - 1-800-889-3931 or send email to DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Local Questions and Community Resources - 2-1-1 or 309-999-4029
- Facebook pages with local updates: Central Illinois Emergency Information or Peoria City/County Health Department
- The Peoria City/County Health Department will be hosting daily press briefings on weekdays at 3:30 PM*, which will be live-streamed on the PCCHD Facebook Page. (*Subject to change. Notice of any time changes will be posted on PCCHD Facebook Page prior to start of livestream.)
- The Illinois Attorney General’s office encourages residents to file a complaint if they notice price gouging on essential items related to the coronavirus outbreak, including hand sanitizer, cleaning products and protective gear.
- The White House has released an official document with information regarding ’15 Days to Slow the Spread’ of COVID-19. The document can be viewed here.