EPIDEMIOLOGY AND CLINICAL SERVICES
Due to COVID-19 Emergency Response, Peoria City/County Health Department may have limited services in program areas . Call for services or appointments 309-679-6655.
EPIDEMIOLOGY AND CLINICAL SERVICES 309-679-6655
Immunizations by appointment only.
STI Clinic by appointment only. No walk-ins.
Other limited services will be arranged by clinic staff. Clients will be called by telephone.
Heartland Health Services at Sheridan; call 309-680-7600 for limited appointments.
Epidemiology and Clinical Services
The Epidemiology and Clinical Services group provides essential services to protect the community from disease and illness. Here are some of our services:
- Using collected data to monitor the health status of our community
- Identifying disease trends and patterns
- Investigating health problems and hazards in the community
- Informing the community of health concerns and providing education to help prevent the spread of disease
- Working closely with the healthcare community
- Enforcing laws and regulations to protect health
The Peoria City/County Health Department is required by Illinois Administrative Code to investigate reportable communicable diseases. There are over 100 reportable diseases, such as salmonella, norovirus, whooping cough, and lyme disease.
During an outbreak of disease, the Health Services team works with agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the healthcare and business community, and officials to:
- Conduct confidential investigations
- Determine the source of illness
- Control the spread of the disease
- Educate the public
- Assure policies are in place to prevent future outbreaks
Healthcare agencies follow this procedure (PDF) to report diseases.
Customer Satisfaction Survey for Epidemiology and Clinical Services
Please let us know how we served you by taking this short survey.