Food Protection Program
Food Safety - News & Updates
State Amendments - New!
- (1/1/2022) SB2007 - Home-to-Market-Act- Expands cottage food sales (foods allowed to be made in private homes and sold to the public) to include sales at fairs, festivals, vendor markets, as well as pickup and delivery sales.
- 1/1/2022) SB1846 - Child Beverages - Denotes that a restaurant shall, by default, offer only water, milk, milk alt, or juice with a children's meal sold by the restaurant.
- (5/17/2021) Bridge to Phase 5 Executive Order - New mask and social distancing guidelines in Illinois
Local Amendments - New!
- (5/1/2021) Amendments to Chapter 10 Food Safety of the Peoria County Code Section 10-29(D) were made to include:
- ALL required Certified Food Protection Managers (CFPM) to have additional Allergen Training
- All new or extensively remodeled food establishments shall have a 3-compartment sink for ware washing
- Hard copies of all training certificates for CFPM, Food Handler Training, and allergen training must be available for review at time of inspections
- All food establishments connected to an onsite wastewater treatment system shall have an inspection of the system prior to approval to open and operate, and annually to be reviewed at time of inspection or submitted with their license renewal
- All food establishments connected to a water well shall provide an inspection of the water supply system and satisfactory water samples prior to approval to open and operate
- New License Type - Multi-Event Temporary Food Service Establishment
Food Program Memos and Newsletters
- What is New for 2022 - Food Program Newsletter (PDF)
- Food Safety Newsletter- 2021
- Fall 2020 EH Food Safety Newsletter (PDF)
- 12-9-19 Temporary Food Vendors Updates Memo
- 12-2-19 Catering Public Events Memo
- 9-17-19 Share Tables Memo
- Fall 2019 Winter 2020 Environmental Health News
Food Safety Excellence Award - Returning in 2022!
This annual award program is designed to recognize establishments that demonstrate a strong commitment to food safety. All eligible food establishments are encouraged to apply.
The Food Safety Excellence Award program runs from January 1st to December 31st each year. Establishments meeting the mandatory criteria may apply for the award and submit supporting documents by December 1st of the award year. Applications & documents can be submitted by mail, or by emailing Environmental Health.
- 2022 Food Safety Excellence Award Criteria FLYER (PDF)
- 2022 Food Safety Excellence Award Application (PDF)